Interested in same-day teeth whitening in San Diego? In this blog, the team at Rio Vista Family Dentistry will discuss how same-day whitening works, and a few top “dos” and “don’ts” you should know when you’re getting your teeth whitened. Let’s get started!
Can You Whiten Your Teeth In One Day? Yes! Here’s How It Works
Same-day teeth whitening is available at lots of dental offices like Rio Vista Family Dentistry. Wondering how it works? It’s simple!
- Preparing your teeth – To begin the process, your dentist will clean your teeth, apply a protectant to your gums, and use cheek retractors to keep your cheeks and lips away from your teeth.
- Applying whitener – Next, your dentist will apply a powerful, peroxide-based whitener to your teeth. This whitener will react with tooth stains to “bleach” them away and restore the natural, bright color of your enamel.
- Activating the whitener – Your dentist will use UV light to “activate” the whitener. This boosts its whitening power by exciting the particles in the whitener.
- Rinse & repeat – After a few minutes, your dentist will rinse away the whitener and examine your teeth. Then, they will re-apply another layer of whitener and repeat the process until you reach your desired level of brightness.
- Enjoy your new smile – Once your treatment is over, you’ll be sent home to enjoy your picture-perfect new smile!
Need some tips on how to get better results from same-day whitening at Rio Vista Family Dentistry? When getting same-day whitening, DO:
- Work with an experienced dentist such as Dr. Reyes, Dr. Lockwood, or Dr. Campillo for better results
- Discuss your desired level of brightness before your appointment begins
- Brush and floss properly to keep your teeth white after your appointment
- Eat after teeth whitening treatment, but avoid dark and staining foods and drinks for at least 24 hours
- See our team for regular six-month appointments to keep your smile bright
- Quit smoking to protect your oral health and keep teeth bright
- Cut back on staining beverages like tea, coffee, or wine or drink them with a straw
- Get yearly touch-ups to keep your smile looking its best
- Incorporate ADA-accepted whitening toothpaste and mouthwash into your routine to keep your teeth bright
- Get your teeth whitened by an experienced dentist, such as the team at Rio Vista Family Dentistry
There are some things you should avoid when getting same-day whitening in San Diego. DON’T:
- Try to use at-home whitening kits to whiten your teeth
- Whiten your teeth if you have issues like tooth decay or gum disease
- Get teeth whitening from anyone other than a licensed, certified dentist
- Whiten teeth if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding. Dentists are not sure if this is dangerous, but there’s not enough research to be totally sure, so it’s best to wait
- Use charcoal toothpaste to keep teeth white after same-day treatment, as it is very abrasive and can damage your teeth
Get Same Day Whitening In San Diego & Enjoy Your New Smile
At Rio Vista Family Dentistry, our dentists are experts in cosmetic care in San Diego. If you’d like to improve and enhance your smile, we’re here to help. Contact us online or give us a call at (619) 299-1122 to schedule a consultation today and see if teeth whitening is right for you.